Big hair, pretty nails!!!

Merry Christmas Everyone! Xx

Finally I've managed to get some time to write my first blog entry. I am super excited :)

After seeing TV adds and Youtube videos I've been lemming Vidal Sasson Big Hair Styler. I saw it on special at Shaver Shop and even pre-Christmas madness at my local shopping centre didn't prevent me from getting it. It also came with bonus hair accessories :)





VS Big Hair Styler is a rotating hot air brush with large barrel and soft bristles. It rotates in both directions (clockwise and anti-clockwise). I found that it is not very powerful but I think it might be like that on purpose to prevent people from tangling their hair. It has 2 heat/power setting plus a cool setting.





I have fine straight hair. It is not super hard to style but I always desire more volume. VS Big Hair Styler looked promising however I wasn't expecting miracles. I've used it on almost dry hair and it looked like I had it professionally blow-dried (sorry I don't have any pictured of my hair before and after so you have to take my word for it). I found that if you wind your hair around the brush, them let it stay for few seconds close to your roots you will get more volume. It also works well if you want to make your hair appear more polished without washing it. I just applied dry shampoo, brushed it out, sprayed my mid-length and ends with leave-in conditioner and it worked a treat. I think I'll get a lot of use out of this styler. It might also be handy when I go travelling as it will make a great substitute for a hair dryer and round brush.

One other thing that I'm loving ATM is China Glaze Atlantis nail polish. I have a love/hate relationship with glitter nail polishes. I found in the past that they are nearly impossible to remove, chip easily and feel rough on my nails. However I love how they look, esp. holo versions. China Glaze Atlantis is different to any other glitter nail polishes I've used. The glitter is suspended in jelly-like base and sets inside nail polish as opposed to floating on top of the polish. It feels very smooth on my nails too. However it did started to chip after 1 day. I've use OPI Yodel me on my cell as a base colour.

Without Flash




With Flash

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Buyers Beware - Fake OPI nail polish!

I had my Tragus pierced today!