Top 10 products under $30...Make-up

At one time I went through a phase of buying expensive make-up thinking that cheaper alternatives won't do a very good job. Yes, there are certain HG products that cost fair bit and you just have to bite a bullet and splurge on them. However I've discovered lots of great make-up items for under $30. They are also easily obtainable from Priceline, Big W, Target etc.

So here is my top 10

1. L'Oreal Color Riche Lipstick
 I've been using this lipstick for years and must say that this is one of my favourite lipsticks ever! It is highly pigmented, non-drying and comes in very gorgeous shades. They retail for $21.95 but you can often get them on sale from Target, Big W and Pharmacies for $10-18



2. Bourjois Blush
 Did you know that original Bourjois blush was created way back in 1863 by Alexandre Napoleon Bourjois for stage performers in Paris! 150 years later it is still a cult beauty product. It applied beautifully, blends well and comes in a huge range of shades. I think they cost around $15-20


3. Chi Chi Brow Lift Duo


 It is a fairly new product. I got it when I was hunting for light pink pencil. I find light pink matte pencil is one of the most versatile highlighting products. It is perfect for highlighting under the brow, in the inner corners of the eye, lower waterline to make eyes appear bigger, bridge of the nose, cupid bow and cheek bones! It is way more natural looking and flattering than white pencil. Brow shaper is pretty good good - it is a medium taupe shade with very slight shimmer. I picked mine up from Myer for $14.95



4. Covergirl Lashblast Volume Mascara
 Covergirl makes very good mascaras! This one is outstanding, it makes my lashes big big big without clumps. I picked mine up from Coles for $10. I won't be spending more that $20 on mascara anytime soon!



5. Bourjois Eye Shadows
 They come in most gorgeous shades and just as good as some expensive brands. They blend well, last a long time and well pigmented. I just wish they had more matte shades. I think they cost around $15-20


6. Prestige Skin Loving Minerals Foundation
 I keep buying this product over and over again! I think it reached HG status. I use it as setting powder after foundation. It has very good coverage but also gives your skin luminous finish so it doesn't look like you are wearing a mask. I highly recommend this product. It usually retails for $29.95



7. Revlon Matte Luxurious Colour Eye Pencil
 I got this eye pencil in one of those Beauty Boxes I used to subscribe to last year. I started using it after finishing my Maybelline eye pencil. I must say I was pleasantly surprised, It applies well, highly pigmented and lasts all day. They retail for around $20


8. Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

This foundation is just as good as some of the higher end products except it costs a lot less. It comes in glass pump bottle, has very pleasant scent, applies well, has very beautiful dewy finish and most importantly it doesn't break me out! It has medium coverage but due to light-reflective properties it hides imperfections well. I picked mine up on sale at Big W for $13


9. Ecotools Alicia Silverstone Brush Set
Comes with a very good range of staple brushes for powder, foundation, eye shadow and eye brows plus it comes in a very pretty case. I picked mine up for $15 on sale at Priceline. I'm not sure if they still sell this set however other Ecotools brushes are great too


10. Evodia Vanilla Addict Lip Gloss

I got this lip gloss in a set with roll-on perfume from a collegue and I love them both! It is clear, non-sticky and very moisturising. It gives your lips nice sheen without being too glossy. I love pleasant scent too and I never get sick of it. I think it costs around $10

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Buyers Beware - Fake OPI nail polish!

I had my Tragus pierced today!