Guerlain Parure Extreme Foundation Review

I am always on a lookout for a long-lasting foundation. I have combination skin and get occasional breakout. Unfortunately a lot of foundations don't last very long and tend to go blotchy or disappear after few hours.  Plus I wear face masks at work (I work in dental industry) so my foundation needs to be truly long-lasting. Unfortunately a lot of long lasting foundation have very flat finish and medium to full coverage. I loved the finish of the original Lancome Teint Idole but it doesn't last on my skin.

Few months ago I got Guerlain Parure Extreme. It is waterproof and non-transferable plus has SPF 25

The bottle it comes in is gorgeous....
Plus it has a pump which is a big bonus in my books.

Most long-lasting foundations smell like chemicals but this one smells like high-end powders or lipsticks. I can't really describe it but I like it. The scent doesn't last very long, it is gone once the product has set.

I am MAC NC25, Dior 020-023 so I got shade 02 Beige Clair. I prefer warm yellow-based foundation as I have slight pink undertones and it helps to neutralise them well. Plus I feel like pink-based foundations make my skin look more dull and grey.

The consistency is quite thin but the product it very pigmented. In the instruction booklet it says that this product contains "Crystal Pearls" which suppose to diffuse light and make skin more radiant...However I still think that the finish is more matte than radiant (maybe slightly better than other similar products)

 This foundation sets fairly quickly so you have to work with it fast. However this property is great if you need to layer it.

...before
 ...and after

 I've only applied one this layer...
You will need to dilute this product with moisturiser or thin primer if you want light coverage.

I like it better than a lot of other long-lasting foundations I've tried like Estee Lauder Double Wear, Revlon Colourstay, Dior Forever (old and new versions) and they were either too flat, broke me out or both!

I am still looking for my HG foundation that has lasting properties yet more natural finish. I am approaching 30-s and feel like caked-on make-up makes me look older :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Buyers Beware - Fake OPI nail polish!

I had my Tragus pierced today!