Beauty purchases from Europe

Yesterday I have returned from a tree week holiday in Europe (Austria and Ukraine). Late spring was gorgeous and I had bouquets of lilacs and lilies of the valley standing in my room every day. I haven't smelled them for over 15 years so it was a very special experience. Plus it was nice to visit family again and visit some amazing places.

I resisted make-up and duty free shops but managed to pick up a whole range of Vichy skincare and couple of perfumes to remind me of my trip.

Unfortunately Vichy is not available in Australia but I got it overseas before and my skin seems to like it. I got Vichy Normaderm cleansing cream 6 months ago in US and it really helped to clear up my skin. Their range is designed for sensitive skin that is prone to breakouts so it seems to control my pimples without irritating my skin. Plus it paraben-free and is sold in pharmacies as specialized skincare.


So I ended up with... (with description from their site in italics as I haven't had a chance to try most of them)

1. Vichy Normaderm Daily Moisturiser (love pump bottle - extra hygienic)
It targets and reduces the appearance of six  imperfections: blemishes, pores, shine, oily skin, imperfection marks and irregular complexion, while providing continuous hydration for  24 hours. 
  

2. Vichy Normaderm 3-in-1 Cleanser, Scrub + Mask
Our 3-in-1 action multi-tasking cleanser - perfectly suited to sensitive and imperfection-prone skin. Can be used as a cleansing cream to reduce the appearance of sebum and impurities, a scrub to reduce the appearance of pores or a mask to help mattify the skin and clarify your complexion.

3. Vichy Aqualia Thermal Moisturiser.
I've had this cream before and my skin liked it. It was light, absorbed well and had pleasant and light scent.

4. Vichy Normaderm Night Detox cream
Oily, blemish-prone skin suffers from an over-production of sebum during the night. By morning, the skin can feel dirty and dull with additional blemishes. New Normaderm Night helps to control the production of sebum & purify the skin. Blemishes appear reduced, pores look less visible, complexion looks radiant and skin feels clean and purified.

5. Vichy Normaderm 3-in-1 Micellar Solution.
Another product that I used to have. It removes traces of make-up after cleansing well and leaves skin refreshed but not dry or irritated.

6. Anti Perspirant 7 day treatment cream
Long-lasting anti-perspiration efficacy. The micro-refined anti-perspirant active ingredients mean increased targeting of sweat pores for guaranteed protection for up to 7 days.
Summer in Qld can get hot, very hot...so I might start using it few weeks before it gets hot and sweaty.

7. Vichy Normaderm Clensing Gel
Normaderm Cleansing Gel provides a deep purifying cleanse that is perfect for clearing excess sebum and impurities without over-drying. Enriched with Salicylic Acid, Totarol, Eperuline and Glycolic acid, our soap-free formula is gentle enough to use daily and helps protect against further imperfections.

8. Yves Rocher Raspberry
Tinted pink lip balm with tiny shimmer particles. I got it sealed and they didn't have a tester so I originally though it was clear...

9. Yves Rocher Cerisier en Fleurs EDT
Francis Kurkdjian really knows how to create a great scent (he is the nose behind Narciso Rodriguez for Her, Green Tea and Elie Saab perfume range). He captured the spirit of cherry blossom perfectly - sheer floral with gentle fruity notes. I got it as a memory of flowering cherry and apple trees that usually only flower for couple of weeks per year and I was lucky enough to see them.

10. L'Occitane Eau de Cedrat EDT
I instantly fell in love with this scent when I was in a beautiful city of Salzburg. Citrus fragrances can be tricky as they can come out too sharp or reminiscent of cleaning products. However Eau de Cedrat is well blended with woody base and spices so you get fresh yet smooth fragrance. It is marketed for males but in my opinion it is unisex.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Buyers Beware - Fake OPI nail polish!

I had my Tragus pierced today!