S/S 2016 empties

I haven't done empties post for a while now and in that time I've finished more than 30 items. So here is the list of most recent ones that I finished since October.






1. Guerlain Terracotta Light Bronzer in  02 Blondes

My overall impression - I did a review of this bronzer back in 2013 and you can read it here. I did enjoy using it and never got sick of it. It lasted me over two years as well and it was used several times per week. It was super sheer yet it gave my complexion a nice glow without making my skin look too shimmery or dirty. Gorgeous compact however broke at the hinge after few months so I couldn't take it anywhere with me.

Would I buy it again? - Yes, definitely! It is one of the most natural-looking bronzers I've used. I hope Guerlain won't discontinue it but I wish that packaging would be a bit sturdier.



2 + 3. MAC Brow Pencil in Fling and Lingering  

My overall impression - Precise and long-lasting brow pencil that doesn't need sharpening. Due to extra fine point it is very easy to create perfect strokes and achieve a very natural look. It does however finish up pretty quickly. I went through few Flings before I was introduced to Lingering. I like Lingering better now as it is not as ashy and matches my light brows eye brows better.

Would I buy it again? - Yes, I would get Lingering again.



4. Pre Tan Pure Bronze Gradual Tan
 
My overall impression - Coconut scented gradual tan with SPF. It does feel quite moisturising but sinks into a skin quickly. I see the difference after just one application. Little goes a long way as once I think I've applied too much and it did go patchy.

Would I buy it again? - Yes, it does cost a bit more than supermarket gradual tans but Myer often has it on special and you can pick it up for about $15.




 5. Bondi Sands Self-tanning Foam in Light/Medium

My overall impression - Step aside St. Tropez because this product is amazing! It has pink and green undertones that do a great job at neutralizing yellow and orange tones. It is tinted but tends to wash out easily from sheets and clothes. I would apply it in the morning on my day off, wear a dark shirt for couple of hours and wash it off. That way it absorbs into the skin and fully develops into a natural looking streak-free tan.

Would I buy it again? - Yes, yes, yes! I think I am addicted to this stuff and already managed to collect few other products from Bondi Sands.






6. Redken All Soft Velvet Whip

My overall impression - All soft line gets lots of good reviews so I got this product when my hair was long, dry and fragile to put some life into my ends and mid-length. It had soft scent but very strange almost powdery texture. Ingredients revealed that it had corn starch in it which is a bit strange for a leave-in conditioner.

Would I buy it again? - No, it didn't make noticeable improvement to my hair and I switched back to Anti-Snap once it was all gone.

 

7. Toni & Guy Reconstruction Mask

My overall impression - Deep conditioning mask that was still light enough for my fine hair. It had tick and creamy texture and neutral light scent

Would I buy it again? - No, it was a bit meh to be honest and was very similar to any conditioner.


 

8. Vichy Normaderm Deep Cleaning Foaming Cleanser

My overall impression - This rich foaming cleanser did a good job at removing my make-up, felt soft and non-drying but it tremendously helped me to get rid of breakouts. I got it for $10 in US and it lasted me for a year!

Would I buy it again? - Definitely. I am using Vichy gel cleanser right now but wouldn't mind getting this one again as my night-time cleanser.

 


9. Vichy Aqualia Thermal Light moisturiser

My overall impression - Very light yet effective moisturiser that my breakout-prone but sensitive skin seems to love. It doesn't sting, makes my skin feel tight or greasy. It performs well under the foundation and doesn't cause me to break out. In fact my skin looked a lot better when I was using it in conjunction with other Vichy products than before.


Would I buy it again? - Yes, definitely. It is not available in Australia but can be easily obtained from online stores.






 


10. Youngblood Concealer in Medium

My overall impression - I actually randomly won this product from a magazine promotion. They sent it to me in medium shade but it actually suited my fair skin well. I wasn't familiar with the brand at a time but was very impressed with blendability and coverage of this product. It took me ages to hit the pan and at the end I ended up throwing it away as it started to separate a bit from being quite old with probably 50% still remaining.

Would I buy it again? - Not sure. Maybe if I start to get pimples again. Mt skin is a lot better these days and I use concealer just under my eyes. I prefer the more liquid concealers and highlighters for that area.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Buyers Beware - Fake OPI nail polish!

I had my Tragus pierced today!