Making the most out of my current situation...

Five weeks ago I suddenly lost my job and it was the first time in twelve years when I didn't have to get up and go to work or uni (not counting holidays). First couple of weeks were a bit distressing as I was worried about my future but then I really started to embrace my current situation.


I don't get any government payments and been living off my redundancy payout and a bit of money that has been trickling in through temping and eBay.  Since I have a bit of time up my sleeve I can be assertive with the potential employers and really would like to find an ideal workplace as opposed to jumping on any opportunity given to me. At the end I would like to stay there for a while and be happy with my workplace.

I found so many ways to unitize my time apart from just sitting around and job searching. So this is what I've done without spending no or very little money to keep myself entertained:
  • Started playing some games I had lying around (mainly Nintendo).
  • Embraced oil painting, started educating myself about it through reading books and watching YouTube videos and even finished one piece.
  • Started reading Crime and Punishment by F. Dostoevsky (found a free copy in Kobo store and downloaded it on my reader).
  • Rented out some interesting books and magazines from council library.
  • Listed a lot of unwanted stuff on eBay and Gumtree.
  • Been excising almost daily and taking advantage of my gym membership.
  • Kept my house very clean and did few home improvement projects.
  • Had plenty of time to seek out amazing deals on thing we need.
  • Cooked 90% of out meals and been sending my husband to work with nice lunch.
  • Spending a lot of time with my cats and giving them plenty of love and cuddles.
  • Catching up with my friends and getting in touch with people I haven't seen for a while.
  • Skyping my relatives overseas more. 
  • Taking a good care of my plants and my fish tank.
  • Exploring Brisbane more, like I walked the other day for 15 kms through the neighborhood I haven't explored before. 
  • Taking care of my personal appearance using stuff that I alreadt had lying around - manis and pedis, fake tans and face masks.
  • Blogging more :)
I don't know how long it will last because I have another interview lined up and it looks promising as I was recommended for that position but I would like to make the most of time free time I have.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Buyers Beware - Fake OPI nail polish!

I had my Tragus pierced today!