Recent Empties - July to September '16

Another lot of ten products done and dusted. I must say I did enjoy most of them and I think it is a good place to be as I no longer tend to buy many products I don't particularly like. The exception would be the products I get from my subscription boxes or sampler totes but that's what they are for in the first place.

1. Nesti Dante Dolce Viviere Portofino Soap



My overall impression - Gorgeously scented Italian soap that has been manufactured for over 70 years in Tuscany. It is the best soap I have ever used! It doesn't go soggy, leathers up like a dream and doesn't dry my skin out too much. Plus it comes in a lot of different scents but the Dolce Viviere line that has been inspired by Italian cities is my favorite. And they come wrapped in luxurious paper.

Would I buy it again? Definitely, I am currently obsessed with the line and got probably two kilos worth from Strawberrynet the other day. I have also seem them at small florist shops and upmarket homewares stores (I actually discovered them at Catalina's Gifts and Homewares)



2. Aussie 3 Minute Miracle Moist Mask
 My overall impression - I first heard of this brand from American Youtubers because Aussie brand is actually not available in Australia (funny that). We had some time to kill in a small town between LA and SF so we decided to explore local Kmart. I walked out with this mask and 1 kg Snickers bar (no joke, it was a gift for in-laws). I found that my skin and hair was extra dry when I was in US so I can see why they have to use potent moisturizers over there. This mask is super super rich so I had to use it before shampooing my hair otherwise it would weight it down.

Would I buy it again? I would probably pick one up if I was going to the States again to primarily use it over there. Otherwise I wouldn't go out of my way to get it. But it is a very good product for the price you pay.


3. Crabtree & Evelyn La Source Foot Scrub

My overall impression - Marine-scented coarse (pumice or sand?) foot scrub suspended in creamy blue base. I picked it up on sale so it was an alright product. Can't say that it did anything special though.

Would I buy it again? I believe this product is no longer being made so I would rather get something else than try to hunt it down.



 4. Lancome Hypnose Mascara




My overall impression -I keep coming back to this particular mascara. It made HG status in my books. It gives me decent volume and length in just one to two layers (unlike some other mascaras that I have to apply for what feel like eternity to get good results). Plus it dries to a nice black shade.

Would I buy it again?..and again, and again.


5. Biotherm Aquasource Moisturiser


My overall impression - It has a weird gel-cream consistency that didn't quite feel very moisturising and at the same time it sat on my skin. Plus it had strong marine scent that I did like at first but them it started to annoy me.

Would I buy it again? No, there are better moisturisers out there for me.


6 & 7. L'Occitane Angelica Toner and Hydra Vital Gel

My overall impression - I got this exact pack before I went overseas for a month. It was just enough to last me that time. The toner was good, nice and getle yet it picked up residual make-up. The gel moisturiser didn't do much for me, it just sat on my skin without hydrating it properly (similar to the  Boitherm above)

Would I buy it again? No, both products didn't impress me that much.


8. Revita for Blonder Conditioner




My overall impression - My awesome hairdresser recommended me this product to neutralize any brassiness in my hair. It does exactly what it supposed to while leaving my hair nice and soft. I found it was more blue that purple but I still really liked it.

Would I buy it again? Yes, it did exactly what it promised.


9. Vichy Normaderm Night Detox Moisturiser


My overall impression - I have to thank this product for helping to clear up my breakouts. I discovered it last year when I was overseas (sadly Vichy is not available in Australia). For those who don't know Vichy is a French brand and it is based on the thermal waters from a town that shared the same name. It is sold primarily through pharmacies throughout Europe. It is not very expensive, nor super lux but it is effective! Every single product that I've tried did exactly what it supposed to.

Would I buy it again? Yes, in fact I have already stocked up! I alternate it with my face oil at night or even mix few drops in during cooler months for extra moisture. I am very happy with my skin at the moment and I will continue using it.

10. Rexona Silver Deodorant Aerosol

My overall impression - Probably something we have all used so I won't go into too much detail.

Would I buy it again? Probably not, it would leave me in a suffocating cloud so I have switched to stick and roll-on types that I found to be even more effective.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Buyers Beware - Fake OPI nail polish!

I had my Tragus pierced today!