Fragrant Acquisitions of 2016

I love my perfumes and I have quite a collection of them. Last year I've managed to acquire 12 new ones not counting hair mists from Byredo that I absolutely love and rotate in my handbag plus couple of minis.


I don't have a particular preference however I can't seem to wear heavy, overly sweet and potent scents. I do rotate them seasonally too. I go for citruses in summer, musky and woody scents in winter and florals in spring and autumn.

This is what I got my hand on this year:

1. Guerlain Idylle Eau Sublime
This version of Idylle has a lush rose and jasmine in the center, sweetened by lychee and peach and softened by musk. Guerlain knows how to make a good perfume! I imagine a huge spring garden in the evening, when the scent of flowers intensifies in the air.


2. Marc Jacobs Daisy
I must admit that it took me a long time to appreciate this fragrance. I think for a while I could smell it on every second girl and it delayed me purchasing it. I managed to picks it up for a very reasonable price and actually found it very easy to wear. I get wild strawberries, greenery and white florals with a hint of woody notes shining towards the end. It give me that feeling of being carefree and relaxed, just as you would be during summer holidays.


3. Byredo Inflorescence
This is an interesting take on the lily of the valley. Instead of being heavy like Diorissimo, it is very airy as if you are sniffing the flower straight from the forest floor. I don't get heady white florals it supposed to have, instead I get lots of greenery and delicate spring flowers. I really enjoy wearing this one but unfortunately it is super light and doesn't last very long on my skin.


4. Chanel Chance Eau Tendre
You get bright hyacinth and jasmine behind a tart citrus note. This fragrance is very easy to wear yet it lasts on me all day. It does have a nice projection yet it is safe enough to be worn to work.

5. Azzaro Twin for Women
On me this is a Dove soap/Body Lotion scent! You get very soft almond and peach in a musky base. I haven't come across anything remotely similar. It is a lovely scent to wear especially when you don't feel like anything too perfume-y.

6. Guerlain Pamplelune
Citrus scents are usually tame and safe, not this one! You get a hefty dose of grapefruit muddled with black currant leaf on patchouli and vanilla base. It has very polarizing reviews but I love it!

7. Sarah Jessica Parker Covet
This perfume disappeared from shops for a while but I've noticed that my local Chemist Warehouse was selling it for next to nothing recently and decided to grab a bottle. I swear this celebrity scent can easily pass as a niche. It is a very calming herbal blend of lavender, citrus and geranium with an unexpected twist of bitter dark chocolate and musk.

8. Guerlain Limon Verde
Imagine freshly sliced lime that has been sprinkled by sugar. This is what Limon Verde smells like. I find it super easy to wear in hot and humid weather.

9. Chanel Christalle Eau Vert
I fell in love with this scent when going through duty free shop at the airport after a 12 hour flight. It instantly perked me up and made me feel refreshed. Another eight hours later I landed at my home airport and the first thing my husband told me was that I smelled nice! This fragrance is divine, green and fresh yet it has a body and decent lasting power.

10. Dior Addict Eau Fraiche
Bright fruity aquatic scent that is suitable for adults. It is easy to wear yet it effortlessly adds that extra finishing touch. Think of freesias and pomegranate blended with citrus.

11. L'Occitane Fleurs de Cerisier L'Eau
My beloved cherry blossom has been sweetened with watermelon and black currant and deepened with rose and musk. This is easily my favorite version out of the whole Cerisier line so far. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Buyers Beware - Fake OPI nail polish!

I had my Tragus pierced today!