April '18 empties...

April was very fruitful when it came to empties and as a result my drawers are looking a lot better.







1. Wella Hydrate Mask

My overall impression - I was recommended this hair mask few years ago when my hair was long, blonde, brittle and dry. I needed a non-bias advice so I went to the shop that had many professional brands. It saw instant results and haven't looked back. It infuses my hair with a lot of needed moisture yet it doesn't weight it down (fine and straight).

Would I buy it again? - Yes, this is my 4th or 5th jar.


2. Petitfee Gold Hydrogel Eye Patches
 
My overall impression - This was my first lot of Korean gel eye patches and I really liked them. I saw good reviews on iHerb and was sold. It fits under my under eye area perfectly and feels very nice and soothing. You do have to use them up withing three months otherwise the serum they are infused with is going to dry out.

Would I buy them again? - Yes, they didn't cost much but moisturised my skin well.


3. CLab Coffee Scrub

My overall impression - It is pretty much coffee grounds suspended in scented oil. It exfoliated skin well, made it feel hydrated...but...it went everywhere and stained my whole shower.

Would I buy it again? - No. Because the hassle of cleaning my entire shower after each use is not worth it. Plus it is not great for using before fake tanning due to high oil content.


4. Clarins Pure Melt Cleansing Gel

My overall impression - I haven't quite used a make-up remover like this one before. It is a liquid gel that transforms into oil when you rub it on your face. Them it goes milky when you rinse it off and it removed all traces of make-up without drying your skin or leaving an oily residue.

Would I buy it again? - Yes, it did what it was supposed to do well and I much prefer it to solid and bi-phase make-up removers.


5. Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Scrub

My overall impression - I went to Mecca looking for a new scrub and was given a sample of this product. I loved it but got a mini version as it would be an expensive mistake if it didn't suit my skin. It delivered immediate results making my skin smoother and after few uses I noticed an improvement of my congested skin. I would usually follow it with a face mask for an ultimate in-home facial.

Would I buy it again? - Yes, it is expensive but it only needs to be used once per week so even a small tube should last 2-3 months.


6. By Terry Baume de Rose

My overall impression - I have heard a lot about this iconic product so when the miniature came out I had to try it. I did pay $17 for a tiny amount of product but it is still better than forking out $70 on a full size...and to be honest it didn't meet my expectations. It was just a pleasant lip balm that hydrated well but there is no way it should cost $70!

Would I buy it again? - Hell no, I can get Lanolips or even Blistex for a fraction of the cost and still get similar results.


7. Ma-Yu 7 Day Brow Tint

My overall impression - I got it a year ago when I was in Japan and was very fascinated with the concept. You paint it on with very fine brush, wait for couple of hours and voila, you have nice brows for few days. Then Maybelline came out with a similar product but I still prefer this version.

Would I buy it again? - Yes, if I can obtain it easily. 

 
8+9. Grown Alchemist Shampoo and Conditioner

My overall impression - I got it as a part of David Jones sampler tote. I really wanted to like these as they smell gorgeous but my hair was left a bit too greasy after using these.

Would I buy it again? - No, it didn't work for me.


10. Yves Rocher Tiare Self-Tanner

My overall impression - I got it in Europe because believe it or not it was the only self-tanner I could find. I was expecting gorgeous tropical floral scent but instead was hit to old-school fake tanner smell. To my surprise I also had to re-apply it daily for few days to achieve decent depth of colour.

Would I but it again? - No, I was saddened to see that Yves Rocher was so far behind self-tanning advancements.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Happy Birthday Barbie!

Buyers Beware - Fake OPI nail polish!

I had my Tragus pierced today!